Your personal data
Privacy Notice for customers, prospects, partners and suppliers
iET Solutions cares about your privacy
iET Solutions, LLC. (a division of UNICOM Global) and its international subsidiary and branches (referred to herein as iET Solutions) are committed to protecting the personal information that you provide to iET Solutions, in adherence to Data Protection Legislation (defined below) and best business practice.
This Privacy Notice describes iET Solutions’s practices in relation to the use of its websites, web portals and FTP servers (“Websites”) and the related products, applications and services offered by iET Solutions. This Privacy Notice sets out how iET Solutions uses and protects any personal data that you provide to iET Solutions, including personal data provided through its Websites.
iET Solutions provides software products and services to its customers and as a result may collect and process personal data about individuals (“Services”).
iET Solutions maintains the same practices with data that is collected off-line and this notice may be relied upon with respect to those methods of data collection and use.
iET Solutions may modify or update its Privacy Notice at any time without prior notice. You can check the “Last updated” date above to see when the notice was last changed.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding your personal data and how iET Solutions may use it, including any queries relating to this Privacy Notice, please complete the online form at the bottom of this page, or write to the “Privacy and Risk Management Committee” at iET Solutions, 15535 San Fernando Mission Blvd, Mission Hills, CA 91345, United States.
It is important that the personal data iET Solutions holds about you is accurate and current. Please keep iET Solutions informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with iET Solutions.
iET Solutions’s data protection and privacy measures are governed by the (i) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation").
For the purpose of Data Protection Legislation:
- where personal data is provided directly to iET Solutions through use of its Websites, email, or other means where iET Solutions is determining the way in which that personal data is processed, then iET Solutions will be a data controller of such information; and
- where iET Solutions is provided personal data in its capacity of providing Services to its customers, then iET Solutions will only process that personal data in accordance with the instructions of its customers and iET Solutions will therefore act as a data processor in respect of such personal data; iET Solutions’s customer will be the data controller of that personal data for that purpose.
Information we collect
Personal data means any data or information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
iET Solutions will only collect basic personal data about you, such as your name, email address, business type, work address, job title (“identity data”) and any product/solution interests that you have shared (“preferences data”) and information relating to your use of iET Solutions (“usage data”). Unless otherwise agreed with you, this information will not include any special categories of personal information (often known as “sensitive personal data”).
iET Solutions uses different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give iET Solutions your contact information by filling in forms or by corresponding with iET Solutions by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when iET Solutions provides its Services; or
- Third parties or publicly available sources. iET Solutions may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as:
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services including third party debt agencies; and
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House
If you fail to provide personal data
Where iET Solutions needs to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract iET Solutions has with you (or our customer whom iET Solutions acts for) and you fail to provide that data when requested, iET Solutions may not be able to perform the contract it has or is trying to enter. In this case, iET Solutions may have to cancel the Services but it will notify you (or where appropriate, its customer) if this is the case at the time.
How we use information that we collect
iET Solutions will only use your personal data when the law allows it to, i.e. if iET Solutions has a legal basis for doing so, as outlined in this Privacy Notice or as notified to you at the time in which iET Solutions collects your personal data, and for the purposes for which it was collected for, unless iET Solutions reasonably considers that it needs to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If iET Solutions needs to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, iET Solutions will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows it to do this. Please note that iET Solutions may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
iET Solutions will use your personal data to carry out its contractual obligations and, in addition, to keep you up-to-date with its products and services that you have expressed an interest in. Where iET Solutions act as the data controller for customer contact information, it has set out below in the table a description of all the ways it plans to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases iET Solutions relies on to do so. iET Solutions has also identified what its legitimate interests are, where appropriate.
Note that iET Solutions may process your personal data for more than one lawful grounds depending on the specific purpose for which iET Solutions is using your data. Please contact iET Solutions if you need details about the specific legal ground that it is relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Type of data
|Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|To register you or the company that you are connected to as a new customer and verify your identity (where required)
|Identity / contact data
|Performance of a contract Consent (for use of special categories of data, if applicable)
|To perform credit checks
|Identity / contact data
|To process and deliver the Services including:
(a) Manage accounts, payments, fees and charges
(b) Contacting you and corresponding about the Services
|Identity / contact data
|Performance of a contract
Necessary for iET Solutions’ legitimate interests (to recover debts due to iET Solutions)
|To respond to queries and enquiries
|Identity / contact data
|To undertake marketing to you
|Identity / contact / preferences data
Where iET Solutions acts as a data processor of personal data on behalf of its customers, in accordance with iET Solutions’s customers’ instructions or in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How your personal data may be shared
Where iET Solutions acts as the data controller for customer contact information, or where permitted by iET Solutions’s data controller customers, personal data processed by iET Solutions may be shared as follows:
- With any member of the iET Solutions group of companies (as detailed above);
- With permitted third party contractors of iET Solutions for the purposes of performing its Services;
- Where iET Solutions is under a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply iET Solutions’s terms and conditions and other agreements;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of iET Solutions, iET Solutions’s customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and for compliance with laws; and
- With third parties to whom iET Solutions may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of its business or its assets. Alternatively, iET Solutions may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to iET Solutions’s business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
iET Solutions requires all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. iET Solutions does not allow its third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with iET Solutions’s instructions.
iET Solutions will not share your information for marketing purposes with third party companies outside of its group of companies.
You can choose to unsubscribe from iET Solutions marketing communications at any time using the unsubscribe option on any electronic communication sent from iET Solutions. You may continue to receive further communications where a contractual or legitimate interest exists.
iET Solutions may use third party companies when processing your personal information. If you would like to find out which third party processors are used by iET Solutions, please contact iET Solutions as outlined above.
How long we keep your information for
Where iET Solutions acts as a data controller, it will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for the purpose in which it was provided, unless required by law, or for other legitimate reasons that need it to be retained for longer (for example, if necessary for any legal proceedings). Where iET Solutions acts as a data processor on behalf of its customers, iET Solutions will only hold on to personal data for the period notified to iET Solutions by the data controller customer, or for the period required for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, regulatory or reporting requirements.
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights in certain circumstances:
- The right to be informed – this is information on iET Solutions’s collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access – you have the right to be provided with copies of the personal data of you that iET Solutions is processing as well as confirmation of the processing iET Solutions is doing. You can do this by sending a “subject access request” to the contact details noted above for iET Solutions’s consideration.
- The right to rectification – if you think the personal data that iET Solutions holds on you is wrong, you can inform iET Solutions and iET Solutions will fix it.
- The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten) – if you want iET Solutions to permanently delete the personal data it holds about you then you can ask iET Solutions to do so.
- The right to restrict processing – if you do not like how iET Solutions is using your personal data then you can let iET Solutions know and iET Solutions will stop processing it in that way.
- The right to data portability – if you want iET Solutions to pass on your personal data to someone else then please let iET Solutions know. This transfer should not affect the integrity or otherwise damage your personal data.
- The right to withdraw your consent – you can withdraw your consent for iET Solutions to process your personal data (if iET Solutions has relied on your consent to process your personal data) at any time by contacting iET Solutions. If iET Solutions has relied only on your consent as the basis to process your personal data then iET Solutions will stop processing your personal data at the point you withdraw your consent. Please note that if iET Solutions can also rely on other bases to process your personal data aside from consent then iET Solutions may do so even if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – if iET Solutions use either automated decision making or profiling then you have a right to know. Also, iET Solutions needs your consent if either of these are used to make a decision that affects you. As with all consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
To exercise any of the above rights please complete the online form at the bottom of this page.
Where you exercise your right to erasure or where information is deleted in accordance with iET Solutions’s retention policy, please note that after the deletion of your personal data, it cannot be recovered, so if you require a copy of this personal data, please request this during the period iET Solutions retains the data.
Where you exercise your right to request access to the information iET Solutions processes about you, you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, iET Solutions may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
Alternatively, iET Solutions may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
iET Solutions will try to respond to all legitimate access requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, iET Solutions will notify you and keep you updated.
iET Solutions Websites are not intended for children and iET Solutions will not knowingly collect any personal data from persons under the age of 18 and will immediately delete any such data subsequently so determined.
How to raise a concern about the use of your personal information
If you have concerns about how iET Solutions has handled your personal data, including in relation to any of the rights contained herein, please complete the online form at the bottom of this page outlining the concerns that you have.
You may also make a complaint to the ICO (the UK supervisory authority). You can find further information about the ICO and their complaints procedure at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
iET Solutions Websites may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This information is collected for internal security and system administration purposes. This information may also be used to trace the computer used in cases of misuse or unlawful actions in connection with visits to or use of iET Solutions’ Websites.